Go farmers!

J is one my most faithful readers of the blog and he has been asking me to do my post on Farm Aid ever since we got home at 3am Sunday morning. So here goes.

Farmers are outstanding in their field. No really, people, they are. So support them. (PS SILAdventure, I got about 8 comments on your shirt and many more "aha" looks.)

We try to buy locally grown food because it's healthier and well, we have a thing for mom-and-pop businesses. But society makes it a little hard on the pocketbook sometimes. So we attended the Farm Aid concert on Saturday, an all-day event that has been going on for 20+ years around the country and raises lots of money for local family farms. That way we supported the farmers and got to hear some great tunes!

We thoroughly enjoyed the concert. We didn't tailgate a lot, but enough to watch some kids near us get busted for underage drinking (again, I feel old because we didn't get carded). Anyways, it was a great event with an incredible lineup. Here are just a few: Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews, Jerry Lee Lewis (man he can play piano like no other), Neil Young, moe., Nation Beat (a new band to us that I really liked) and many others. J and I liked Mellencamp the best. First time seeing him, which is amazing for J because he's seen just about everyone. The picture below, if you can see it, has all the artists on stage together at the end.

Sadly, our summer concert series is over (although J may have one other lined up in November). I know J can't wait to see who's up for next summer!

Labels: