Three soups for me!

With J gone this week, I had big plans for ... soup. He's not a big fan of soup (unless you consider Ramen soup), so it was my opportunity to indulge. I made three soups.

First up was my Nana's (CostCutter) chicken soup. I grew up on this. Every time we went to her house, she had it waiting for me. Then, when I went away to college, she would always send me back to school with the broth and I just had to add the noodles. It got difficult to do this when I moved to Arizona, but I realized I was an adult and could make it myself. So I asked for the recipe. And then it sat in my recipe folder for about 7 years. I think I may have made it once, but it was probably a failed attempt. This time, I nailed it. And I only had to call CostCutter 17 times!

My second soup of the week was my bean soup. I've made this a gazillion times and love it. I could eat it every day. But we all know what would happen if I did. ShortShorts, theQuilter and I had dinner together one night and ShortShorts DUG my soup. He's a pretty awesome cook, so I took that as a major compliment.

I'm disappointed in my last soup. I attempted pumpkin soup. I found several recipes online. I think it turned out OK, but the problem is, I had pumpkin soup last week in Texas at a good restaurant. Mine just did not measure up. I'm going to make J try it, so we'll see.

In other news, J returns tomorrow! YIPPEEE!

Still other news, we did NOT get the snow that fell across the Northeast yesterday. WTF. QuickQuestion, who lives way south of us, did get it. I hope this is not reflective of the winter we're going to have. I need my snow!!!!