Children of the 80s

J has been hounding me all day to write a tribute to Corey Haim.

"Because we grew with him on our TVs," he implored.

Well, we did. When I first met and started dating J, one of the first things he did (besides make me listen to From Good Homes) was let me borrow "Dream a Little Dream," because I had never seen it. I actually hate that movie and have yet to have seen the whole thing. But I do love "Lucas" and "Lost Boys" (seriously, that's on my top 10 movies).

J was more team Feldman, while I was team Haim. The Coreys really "died" a long time ago for many of us, but it all does bring back good childhood memories. And it's so sad his life ended so soon (only a few years older than us!).

So here's hoping Corey Haim is in a better place and entered a peaceful dream ...