Biking season begins

When we have nice temps in NH in April, we take advantage of it. You just never know what you are going to get in this state! Last weekend, it was snowing!

J just fixed up his old mountain bike so we could ride on trails. Plus, when he's on his road bike, I have NO chance of keeping up with him. In case you are interested, I have a hybrid bike, so I'm good on trails or road.

Today we checked out the Northern Rail Trail. There's a railroad that used to run 60 miles from White River Junction, Vt., to Concord and they are converting it to a 4-season multipurpose trail! Love to hear that! Right now, about 10 miles is completed, so that's what we did.

I thought we'd see some wildlife, but no luck. I did, however, finally encounter those infamous black flies. In all honesty, I never came across them before, even though they are "state bird." I'd like it if I never saw them again in our time in NH ... very unlikely.

Anyways, the trail definitely got us psyched for the upcoming biking season!

Labels: