How I spend my (our) money

I saw this on another blog awhile ago and I thought it was an interesting post. Especially since I am quite the frugal lady (with an even more frugal husband) and we currently have limited funds, so the burning question is what are my my weaknesses when it comes to spending money.

I like spending money on travel, but I also like finding good deals. Naturally. I (we) usually opt for the cheaper hotel and search for the lowest airfares, which tend to send me to 17 different airports at ungodly hours of the day. Or I (we) opt for a road trip, which is more fun anyways. Either way, I get to travel, and that is always money well spent.

I like spending money on scrapbooking supplies. I don't go crazy, but I don't really think twice when buying some supplies (I mean, we're talking maybe $5/month).

I like spending money on gifts for other people. This is an area I've cut back on drastically in the past few years with the exception of family (although my parents often get just a card), and I miss shopping for other people.

I like spending money on groceries. But I make sure to shop according to what coupons I have and what's on sale. I love having a full fridge with multiple options for meals! J, on the other hand, loves when the shelves are empty.

I like spending money on gummy candy. I only do this twice a year or so. I used to work at a Hallmark store and the owner gave us permission to nibble on candy here and there. Here and there became taking bags home each night. That is clearly where my love affection for gummies began.

I like spending money to send things in the mail. I know that's strange, but I never think twice when sending packages. And I like sending packages to people, but I don't do it often. I probably got this trait from my mom, who spends approximately $1 billion a year sending packages to people. I laugh because often the contents cost less than the cost of sending.

I like spending money on charities. I certainly don't so this often enough.

I like spending money on races. I would love to run more 5Ks and other races, but I am picky about which ones I do. I like when the money goes to a good cause. This weekend, the 5K we ran was for the local SPCA. A worthy cause in my opinion!

I like spending money at REI. And it's usually big money. May be my biggest weakness.

I like putting extra money toward debt each month when possible. It's something we have been so diligent about during the past 2 years and it's paying off (literally).

I am neutral about spending money on eating out. J and I rarely eat out by ourselves, but when we have visitors or are traveling, we do it. And in those cases, I am happy to spend money on eating out. In my mind, it's a treat. Especially if we are traveling and can't really eat at home, it makes more sense.

I don't like spending money on clothes. I absolutely hate shopping for clothes, but if I can find a good deal, I am happy. I recently spent $85 on jeans (with birthday money). This pains me. The last pair I purchased cost $10 at TJ Max about 5 years ago. But SILMeow convinced me that they were outdated and so, we went shopping. She warned me to get the right pair of jeans, I would have to spend at least $100. I can't say I was happy parting with the money, but I will say I think I found the right pair of jeans. In fact, I think they are magic jeans. I have gotten a lot of compliments, including a very creepy compliment from my landlord ShortShorts.

I don't like spending money on haircuts. I only get my haircut twice per year and it costs about $28, which to me is expensive. But, I like my girl who does the cutting and I can justify since I only do it twice a year! J probably spends more annually on his haircuts, which costs $8 per time, because he goes once a month or so! Ha!

I don't like spending money on going out to the movies or renting movies. I love movies, but they are too darn expensive.

I don't like spending money on Internet service. My former employer paid for it for as long as I've had it and it has been quite an adjustment having to pay for it now!

I don't like spending money on concerts. I just don't love live music that much. We all know that concerts may be the ONLY thing he LIKES spending money on.

What about you?