High School Friends

J had a very different experience in high school than I did. It's no wonder since he went to an all boys' school. I can't even imagine what my experience would be like if I went to an all boys' school, but I digress ...

Anyways, J is now 15 years out of high school, but still keeps in touch with 15 of his closest friends. I use the term "keep in touch" lightly because guys don't really keep in touch the same way gals do. But in any case, he has a lot of friends. This weekend, we got to reunite with them (minus Beef-we missed you!).As for me, I keep in touch with a grand total of 4 people from high school. Two of them are regular, while the other 2 are sporadic. I'd like to say I'm more for "quality" than "quantity," but that would be saying that J's friendships are not quality, and that's not true. We reunited with 2 of my friends this weekend as well.
The reason for the reunions? Some belated wedding celebrations!

First, we met up with theAccountant, Holden Caulfield, Hallmark4Ever and GoodEgg for lunch on Saturday. TheAccountant and Holden Caulfield eloped in June. Hallmark4Ever wanted to wear matching outfits to lunch so we could feel like bridesmaids, but that didn't fly. We did make theAccountant and Holden Caulfield eat cake like a newly married couple (and theAccountant is going to have my head for posting this picture, but we did take a vote and she lost. Smooch!)
Next, we attended theBachelor (clearly, this is not an appropriate nickname anymore) and theSuperModel's wedding. They wed in September last year in Canada and being jobless meant no trip to Canada.
Also, the high school friends have been reproducing by the dozen. And once again, I do believe our friends have the best gene pool in the country. Such cute kids! I think you would agree!

Labels: ,