I'm retiring my skort

I tried to start a trend this indoor soccer season: wearing a skort to play. But I cannot take the ridicule anymore, so I am officially retiring it.

It didn't bother me when J made fun; he always makes fun of me anyways. He would ask, "Are we playing tennis?" and I would ignore. But it did bother me a little bit when the refs would say, "I've never seen anyone where a skort to play soccer." Every.single.game. J said last week when he was sitting in the bleachers watching my woman's game, people kept commenting, "Is that girl wearing a skirt??" And someone would correct them, "No, it's a skort."

Let me just say, wearing the skort has brought me the most comfort. I have thunder thighs. My shorts ride up when I run. The skort does not. But boo hoo, I've given into peer pressure and I won't wear my skort anymore.


POST-EDIT: I have not laid down and died just yet. I wore my skort to Thursday's game. I think I will break it out here and there, just to keep things spicy on the fields.

Labels: