4 Days!!!

I can't even begin to describe the roller coaster of craziness we are on. We've been in just about every state in May ... except maybe Minnesota? We've been packing, unpacking, visiting family/friends, concert-going (J), sleeping in a different bed every night, trying to plan out those last-minute trail details and making sure our life is in order before we go. I do apologize for not returning e-mails. It was on my list of things to do, but got moved to the back burner. Get used to it. I want you to SEND us e-mails, but don't expect to hear back. I never had a good track record with returning e-mails and it's about to get worse ...

Right now, we are in Danville, VA, at the house we own, although we are staying with the GAF (Greatest American Family - formerly known as the Is/Was family). We finally met our tenant (after 10 months), who is stellar and still renting from us, at least for the next few months. The house looks good and the neighborhood is still ghetto, but not too bad. I had a guy ask me if I wanted to buy Maybelline makeup when I was trimming our rosebush, but as long as he's not selling crack, I'm okay with it. We did some maintenance and gave the house some much-needed TLC and feel good about leaving it again.

We fly out on Sunday morning for NH, where Saint Paul & Kristen will be driving us up to Baxter State Park and starting the trek with us. Monday morning at about 7am, think of us, because hopefully we will be hiking up to Katahdin, the start of our AT hike! So far, the weather is calling for 40% scattered showers and a high of 60 degrees.

That's all for now, but hopefully I will get to do another update again soon! I have so much I want to say and blog about, but so little time!

Labels: